24 April 2006

Winning twenty bucks

So in case you were wondering, I won! I got the Arsenal-Tottenham match corrent, as you know, and then Newcastle United beat West Bromwich Albion 3-0, so I got that corrent as well. Then the Sevilla - Barcelona game got postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. In Pro-line rules, if a game is postponed your odds revert to 1:1, and your prediction is counted as "Correct". So with odds of 1.5:1 on the Newcastle match, and odds of 3.3:1 on the North London Derby, I can go to the shop tomorrow and collect about twenty dollars on my 4 dollar bet ! That might not seem like a lot of money. It's not. That's not the reason I bet on football. I do it to test my "soccer smarts". I'm always predicting the outcome of games, and I'm always saying after the fact that I knew that would happen. Well, it's a different ball game when you put your money where your mouth is, isn't it? I like to put a few bucks on some outcomes as a sort of reality check; to see if I really am as clever as I make myself out to be.

So far, my pro-line record is 1-1. Basically, after two wagers I'm thirteen dollars ahead of the game. The lesson is that even though I get most of my predictions right (I've only gotten one game wrong, out of the six I've wagered on), I'd better not quit my day job.

6 Comments:

At 27 April, 2006 00:57, Blogger erin said...

so what are you going to do with your big winnings?

 
At 27 April, 2006 20:47, Blogger DCUK said...

hmm, blog spam. interesting . . .

To answer your question Erin - I spent it on a taxi that I had to take very quickly to an engagement I was late for!

 
At 18 July, 2006 12:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At 20 July, 2006 20:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

 
At 09 August, 2006 20:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 11 August, 2006 03:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home