22 April 2006

Sports Sports Sports

Last night the Ottawa Senators came from behind to beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 4-1, while the Edmonton Oilers lost a heartbreaker in overtime in Detroit to the Redwings. The real heartbreak is how useless my fantasy hockey team is. I was in a hurry when I created it, and I ended up picking a bunch (read two) of players who aren't even in the playoffs! How silly is that?

So I'm 7th of 8 teams in my fantasy hockey playoff league. But Pro-line is a different story! I picked results for three football (soccer, for all you troglodites) matches (games, for all you neanderthals). One match was contested this morning, and I got my Arsenal v Tottenham prediction correct! I picked a draw (tie, for all you slow learners), and the final score was 1-1!
Teams in the Champion's League always tend to under-perform in the domestic league the weekend after playing a midweek European match, so that is why I picked a draw even though Arsenal were the home team and clear favourites.

The two games I am waiting on are Newcastle United v West Bromwich Albion, which is in progress, and tomorrow's clash between Sevilla and Barcelona. The Newcastle match is half an hour old already, and still no score, but I picked Newcastle to win. Even though they are playing without Alan Shearer, it is the first match back for Michael Owen since New Year's.

NEWSFLASH, NEWCASTLE JUST SCORED! NOLBERTO SOLANO IN THE 30TH MINUTE!!
---While I was typing this, the Peruvian Nobby Solano continued his brilliant form for Newcastle this season with a go-ahead goal, Newcastle are in front and West Brom are surely looking relegation in the face if they cannot come back here!---

So if that result stays as it is I only have one more match to worry about, and that is tomorrow's Spanish one. Even though Sevilla is good and Barcelona are the visiting team, Barcelona are the best in the world right now and it would be foolish to bet against them.

I could be on course for my first Pro-line win ever (though in fairness, this is only my second time ever playing Pro-Line)! Watch this space . . .

2 Comments:

At 03 July, 2006 06:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 
At 18 July, 2006 12:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home